Friday, June 19, 2009

One Year...


One year ago this month....my family was enduring trials we didn't think we'd ever have to endure.

One year ago this month....we cried a thousand tears, and said a million prayers.
One year ago this month....we were struggling to understand how and why.
One year ago, June 18th, my stepfather, Fred Laam, lost his battle with cancer.
It was a very difficult time in our lives. Thanks to the loving support of our family, friends, and Heavenly Father, we made it through. I knew we would. It was just hard to remember that at the time. We've all come to terms with it. My mom has met and is dating another wonderful man. She misses Fred terribly, and Tim is very understanding and is there to help her through the tough times.
Fred is missed very much. Not a day goes by that we don't think of him. But we know that he's watching over us. It gives us peace and puts us at ease. :)
*Photo is courtesy of Summer. Pictures are of my parents wedding day*

0 comments: