Wednesday, August 10, 2011

39 Weeks- The Birth Plan

We made it to 39 weeks. We weren't sure that we would, for awhile there. Doctors were hoping I would, since babies of gestational diabetes sometimes have slower lung development. They've found that 39 weeks is an ideal number. If I had gone into labor on my own earlier, after 36 weeks, they wouldn't have stopped it. But she's content in there.

However, its eviction time. We're going in at 8 pm tonight to start the induction process. Hooray! We're anxious and nervous. We cannot wait to meet her. We're nervous about how the chorioangioma will affect labor and delivery. Only time will tell. I've been having contractions off and on for weeks now. But, still only dilated to about half a centimeter. So, our birth plan, is simple. We developed it with our doctor at our last appointment.

Tonight, I check in at 8 pm. They'll start me on Cervidil. Hopefully, that will actually do something. She's not sure if my body will respond to being induced, seeing as how my body hasn't responded to the contractions as of yet. My doctor is on call all day tomorrow, so she'll check me in the morning after the Cervidil. We'll then start me on another medication. Perhaps pitocin, if I'm dilating. If I'm not, it'll be something else. If, after those two attempts, I'm not dilating, then we'll cut our losses and do a c-section. She doesn't want to put me through tons of attempts if my body isn't willing to cooperate. Especially since we don't know how the chorioangioma will affect L&D.

So sometime, in the next...36 hours or so...our sweet McKynlee will be here. :) Kinda weird to think about!!! We're leaving the house, and coming home with a baby. Its very, very surreal.

Stay tuned for pictures! If you're on my facebook, you'll probably see pictures sooner :p

1 comments:

BrieAnn said...

I'll be praying that you have a smooth, and swift delivery, and that all will go well with the parts that are still unknown. Best of luck. I can't wait to see your sweet girl.