Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back to work...

After nearly a month of unemployment, I'm back to work tomorrow. Its bittersweet. I've enjoyed this "vacation", but we're desperately in need of the money! I've been hired by Wal Mart to be a seasonal cashier. If I do a stellar job, and they have the hours available, it may become a permanent position. Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that I'll have 30-40 hours a week. Oh well. I took about a $4 pay cut. But right now, any money is good money! =] My stepmom played a huge part in helping me get this job. I've applied everywhere, and I just wasn't getting any calls back. It was really frustrating. Shar hassled her manager and he finally called me. Within two days, I had the job. Yesterday, I put a LOT of applications in all over: grocery stores, retail stores, etc. Hopefully, something with better pay and closer to home will come along. Right now, I'll be travelling about 15-20 miles for work. Its gonna be a lot of money in gas. The bottom line is: Thank Goodness for work! We're incredibly blessed that this came along for me. I hadn't seen any money from the state. Last week, 36,000 people in the state applied for unemployment benefits. Yikes. What used to be a 7-10 day process, is now a 4-6 week process. So, I'm back to work tomorrow. No doubt I'll be exhausted =P

1 comments:

Emily H. said...

(Sorry I always leave so many comments!) I'm so happy that you found a job! You're right, work is work and it is so fortunate that you found a job with the economy the way it is. I am, as usual, impressed by your always-great attitude!