Saturday, November 8, 2008

Random Christmas Survey...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper! I'm such a dork, I love to wrap gifts. I like to use ribbons and fancy tags to make the gift extra special. =P

2. Real tree or Artificial? I prefer real ones, but they're so expensive!! My parents finally broke down years ago and bought an artificial one. My stepmom goes to home depot though and asks if she could have some of the branches from the trees that they have trimmed. she puts them behind the artificial christmas tree so that we still have the great smell! =]

3. When do you put up the tree? sometime after thanksgiving, usually

4. When do you take the tree down? after New Year's, I want to make the season last as long as possable! :)

5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE it! BUT you can't have it until Thanksgiving night with ice cold pumpkin pie. =] Its a little tradition that my family has to kick off the season. I cannot drink it before...its just not the same.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? oh wow. IDK! um...this is so horrible. because i know there was plenty, i just can't really think of one right now!!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, and Clint!!

8. Easiest person to buy for? my neice and nephew. They're so young that they love anything you give them! =]

9. Do you have a nativity scene? my family does.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I guess mail?? I don't send them out though, and I rarely receive any.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Barbies!! ugh!!! i hated the stupid things. I used to steal my brother's tonka trucks and run over my barbies. hahahaha! =P

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story =]

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I always say that I'm going to start "early". and I have bought a few things here and there as I've come across them, but not nearly like I'd wanted. I usually wait till just a couple weeks before LOL

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? its this really yummy raisin bread. its a christmas bread from Denmark, I think. I'm not even going to try to type the name, because I'll just get made fun of =P My dad makes it every year though-homemade! no bread machines here!

16. Lights on the tree? on my last tree, it was red and white =]

17. Favorite Christmas song? don't really have just one

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, rudolph

20. Angel on the tree-top or a star? star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve, or on Christmas morning? Christmas morning. Clint's mom always gets us all pajama pants though, and we open those on Christmas Eve =] and on the Jensen side (my dad's family), everyone draws a name on Thanksgiving day. you buy an inexpensive gift for that person, and we all open them on Christmas Eve. They're referred to as "Dollar Gifts"

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The fact that people lose sight of the real reason for the holiday

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My tree when I lived on my own (before marriage) was red and gold. Oh, how I loved that tree! it was beautiful!! =]

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? its always ham and scalloped potatoes! i love it! =]

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? IDK. I haven't really thought about it. I'd like to be employed, that's for sure! =]

I tag:: Whomever wants to have a little fun and do the survey!! =]

1 comments:

Emily H. said...

Hahaha, I had to laugh at the eggnog comment. I've seen it in the store since before Halloween but I will NOT let myself buy any until the day after Thanksgiving! TORTURE!