Thursday, January 1, 2009

Crafty Challenged


Oy. I've got 5 weddings before June. FIVE! And a few of them, I'm really struggling on gift ideas because they've got everything they need. Lately, I'm obsessed with monograms. But I'm terrified that whatever I'd try would end up SO ugly. Bleh! I see all this ADORABLE stuff being done with monograms, like the picture above. (Sorry Dany-I had to. I LOVE the monogram!) It was done by her adorable sis-in-law, Afton. I'd love to give original, thoughtful things as wedding gifts. Especially for close friends. I have a wedding at the end of this month. I'm considering hitting up Hobby Lobby and checking out some ideas. What do you think? Is it better to give cutesy, crafty, thoughtful stuff. Or should I just wrap up a blender?


1 comments:

Emily H. said...

I mdae a clock for my bro-in-law and his family for Christmas. They come bare so you get to decorate them with paper, pictures, etc. It was so much fun to do and will definately be one of a kind. I made a magnetic bulletin board for my OTHER bro-in-law's fam last Christmas. Same idea. The edges were bare wood so I got to paint them and decoupage and stuff. I love the monogram idea too. Post pics of whatever you do decide to do!