Friday, June 10, 2011

I swore I was going to be better....

but I lied.

Just a quick check in tonight....Mommy, Daddy, and Baby are doing great. Mommy is miserably hot. Daddy has joined a gym. Baby thinks its great fun to play punching bag with Mommy's bladder. And sciatic nerve. And even the rib cage, the other day. Only about 10 weeks to go!

We had a check-up last week, where the doctor decided I am officially Gestational Diabetic.

Dang it.


SO Mommy is watching her carbs and sugars....and testing her blood sugars 4 times a day. YAY!!!....not. But so far, I'm controlling it with diet, so no need for any medications. Which is very, very good. :) We have another ultrasound on the 14th of June. We'll see about how much she's weighing. If she gets to 9 pounds, Dr says we'll do a c-section. Sooo....maybe I could have her early? We'll see. I'm ok with that. I'd rather have a c-section then try to give birth to a toddler. The McLaws' are not known for their small babies with tiny heads. But even with enlarged kidneys, a placenta mass and diabetes....the pregnancy has been fairly routine, and baby is super active, which doctors say is a great sign.

I'm off to bed. Volunteering at work tomorrow for our Childrens Miracle Network Carnival. Come by the store and see us! All proceeds benefit Phoenix Childrens' Hospital Childrens Miracle Network :) I'm doing a photo booth... :)

4 comments:

BrieAnn said...

I'm sorry for the added complication of GD for you, but glad to hear that you are able to control it with your diet. Keep up the good work! I know it's hard not to eat everything you want when you're pregnant!

PS: I don't normally say much about personal plans with doctors, but I was surprised to read about the foreplan of a c-section if she gets to 9 pounds. I'll let you tell me if you're interested in my two cents, if not, I'll contribute them to my savings and get a little richer. ;)

Clint & Alicia McLaws said...

Well, the reason they're saying "c-section" is because I do have a mass on my placenta. I think there's a risk of it rupturing and me hemoraging (sp?) if I try to push a huge child out. Plus, my hips are pretty small for my size. Add to it the GD and the fact that her kidneys are enlarged....I think Doctor just feels like it might be the best bet. Only time will tell though :)

BrieAnn said...

I forgot about the mass on your placenta, and I just read your newest post that it's growing. I'm sorry about that, but YAY that her kidneys look good.

When I originally read this post, I just saw "c-section if she gets to nine pounds," and it seemed strange to me. I'm glad you're being so closely monitored. Complication are no fun, but the perk is getting to see your baby more often.

Clint & Alicia McLaws said...

Yeah, I think thats their only concern right now, regarding delivery. Doctor is out of the office this week on vacation, but I plan to corner her next week to try to get a more definite answer. So far, the mass isn't bothering baby at all. Doesn't even phase her lol