Saturday, January 2, 2010

My latest craft....

I found this idea on a blog called Not So Idle Hands. http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/

When I saw hers, I knew I had to make my own. It was such a beautiful, simple project, that reminds us of the most important "Be's" :) I purchased the vinyl from a gal on etsy. I think in the future, I'll just buy vinyl in store and have Clint's aunt Brenda cut it for me with her Cricut. I think it would be cheaper, and I'd get way more for my money. I spent $20 for the vinyl (two sets, so that I could make two of these). $.51 CENTS for a HUGE 4 foot long 4x4 at Home Depot. it had cracks and what not, but I filled those, and sanded them down, and it was good as new. My brother in law, David, cut them into 4 inch blocks for me. The paint was a sample that we bought to test in the living room. It was $2.94. SO in total I spent about $15 for one set. I made this one for Courtney's new apartment. :) I'm helping her decorate it :) See the Rock Band box back there? its only the drum set, but I got it for $9.96 on clearance at Wal Mart!! :D I got the actual video game online for $13.99. I'm still looking for a guitar, but the boys are having fun with the drums for now. Its way cheaper to buy it piece by piece...the full set retails for almost $200!....or something like that :p

Anyone make a new years resolution this year? I never make them, because I never keep them. But Clint and I have decided that this is the year to pay off as much debt as possible. And I've decided that this is the year I need to get healthy. Better eating habits, and more, better quality, excercise. I'm not setting weight loss goals, because I may just get discouraged. Just going day to day, being better about it all. :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

1) daaang that is ADORABLE and i am definitely making that.

2) bargain shopper, for the win! i feel inclined to go scope out the toy section, now.

Natalie said...

hey!! depends on what exactly you want..but usually $40 for a session.

:)

and thank you so much for your wonderful comments!