Friday, August 8, 2008

Such a Klutz

Well, I'm officially part of the McLaws family. I'm sure some of you are reading this and thinking, "well--DUH Alicia!" But yes, I have become a McLaws. In order to be a McLaws, its pretty much required to do some personal damage to yourself, resulting in something broken, at least twice a year. Well, last saturday-I did it. Clint had just left the house for work. I sat down on the couch, with a pillow behind my back and my laptop on my lap. I decided the pillow was uncomfortable, so I leaned forward to reposition it. Suddenly my laptop slid off of my lap and onto my right foot. I don't think I've ever jumped so high, so fast. It HURT! and badly!! It started to bruise almost right away. and swell. I called Clint, sobbing in pain. First words out of his mouth were "Is the laptop ok?!?!" (its ok--i know he loves me LOL!) then told me to wrap some ice in a towel and keep in on my foot. By monday, I was still limping around. So I made an appointment with my podiatrist. On tuesday, I was told that I cracked my "pinky" toe, and bruised the rest pretty badly. I'm supposed to be in a huge walking boot for at least a week--longer if it still hurts to walk. Don't wear it much, but I do try to keep off of my foot as much as possible. I generally wear the boot at work, because I'm running around on my feet a lot. So yes, I'm officially a part of the McLaws family (greatest family EVER, mind you!). :)

Clint started working nights this week, at Wal Mart. He works 10 pm to 7 am. Kinda sucky, but he gets $1 more an hour--which really adds up. It kinda works out as far as the car situation too, since we share a car. When he gets home, I leave for work. and I don't have to stay up late to take him to work :p

Clint, Kyler and David recently decided on their Christmas Talent for the family Christmas party. I won't ruin the surprise...lets just say that I REALLY can't wait for Christmas this year LOL!

We've also recently learned that a couple of our best friends are moving to Hawaii. we're kinda bummed, and we'll miss Mike and Natalie very much. But now we have somewhere nice to vacation. :) As long as Matt and Dany don't move away, I think we'll be ok :p :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clint is so funny! Matt would totally ask if the lap top was ok too...they love us tho! We are definitely not going anywhere...not to worry :) How is your foot feelin?? Please let me know if you need anything!

Courtney said...

Yes it is true, you are officially a McLaws now!

So, I am very curious about this Christmas tallent! Is it better than the Poop book last hear? YOu will have to fill me in!!! I hope your foot feals better soon!