Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Good Day

Fred had a good day today. Its days like this that renews our hope. He's very soft spoken right now, and my mom has to put her ear right by his mouth so that she can hear him. She has to do the same right next to his ear when she's talking to him. This morning, right after she woke up and before she got dressed or anything, he wanted water. She said something to him, and he said "Babe, I love you...but your breath kinda stinks!" LOL! I'm glad his humor is still sometimes intact.

He's no longer capable of making his own decisions. The other day, the family decided not to go forward with radiation treatments. They're not going to help, so why bother? The doctors were willing to try Gamma Knife Radiation surgery, but he's no longer a candidate, due to more blood surfacing around his brain tumor on friday. It wasn't a decision they came to lightly. They're thinking of his best interests now. They're keeping him medicated so that they can keep him comfortable. They're trying to get him transferred to the hospital up in Mariposa, because he wants to go home. My mom hasn't heard anything about that in two days. We're praying for that to happen. Praying for his comfort. They upped his steroid dosage, which reduces the swelling in his head. My mom said its helped immensely, which we're grateful for. His family was visiting today, and they were all swapping stories and memories, and he was chiming in with his own. Its nice that he's still got some of his memory. :)

That's the update for now. Clint and I are well and good. :) Please keep praying for my family. The prayers are helping, I can feel it. We're more at peace with the inevitable. Thanks so much for remembering us, thinking of us. It means so much. I love you all.

0 comments: