Sunday, December 21, 2008

Furbabies...and other stuff =]

So, we've discovered that Clint is allergic to my two kitty cats whom I love dearly. But, I love my husband more (sorry kitties). So, I had to move the kitties outdoors so that Clint could sleep. He can't breathe around them, and they like to snuggle. As I sit here writing this, I can hear Tinkerbell outside crying because she's out there and I'm in here. =[ Sad day! She's breaking my heart. Baxter is ok being outside. He doesn't mind it that much. I think he may have been an outdoor cat when I adopted him from the pound. But little Tinkerbell...I adopted her at the age of 8 weeks. She's always been an indoor kitty. I know that they will adapt, and that I need to just leave them outside, and stop going outside to cuddle with them. Isn't it funny how kitties, perhaps all animals, are like babies?? I've heard that when trying to get babies to adapt to new customs, sometimes you need to "ignore" their cries because if you keep cuddling them, they won't adapt. So I sit here instead watching "Click" and trying to ignore their cries. I know they'll be fine. =]

Work is getting crazier and crazier as Christmas approaches. Which is to be expected, I suppose. I know that some people don't get paid until right before...but everyone?? Haha--I finished mine two weeks ago. Clint and I decided this year to shop only for each other and our parents. We just couldn't afford to include everyone that we'dve liked to. Maybe next year. Kinda depends on the economic status =P

So Clint did his yearly damage. He was walking at work a few weeks ago. Simply walking. He stepped down weird, and now has a stress fracture in his right foot. Yuck, right? Especially when we have no health insurance. Thank goodness Dr. McKay is really cool and adjusts costs to suit our budget. He's [supposed] to be in a big, clunky walking boot for awhile, to let it heal. He wears it when he's at work. But that's about it. I can't convince him to wear it anywhere else. Oh well...I was just as bad when my foot was broken last year, so I suppose I can't blame him.

In other health news, my tendonitis is flaring up really bad right now. Being a cashier will do that. I try to remember to take some ibuprofen before starting my shift to curb the pain, but I forgot today. Right hand is KILLING me. Not much that can be done for it though. Just take anti-inflamitories (that's not even spelled right lol) and wear a brace to support it.

UM...I don't think there's much else going on in our lives. We're really boring, I swear it. We hope you have a very Merry Christmas! I'm sure we will =]

2 comments:

Emily H. said...

Ohhh...I don't think I could kick our kitties outside! Literally, they are such pampered homebodies that they wouldn't survive.

Clint & Alicia McLaws said...

Oh I know. I'm actually not sure they will survive =[ They're pretty spoiled as well. Clint and I have been brainstorming ideas about making this work. One idea: perhaps banish them outdoors during the day, and allow them indoors at night to sleep? He works nights, and their fur doesn't bother me. That's something we may try...